Return parameters without a parameter

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Parameter connections Return parameters without a parameter

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bruce Walker
      Participant

In looking through the scripts for the Built-In Section Marker, I found that one script is returning values to another without any corresponding parameters (if you want to look, it’s the values ‘t1’ & ‘t2’ in the macro “Marker Link Parameters” being returned to “Section-Elevation Marker Macro.”)

I tried to mimic this behaviour in a couple of my scripts to avoid creating unnecessary parameters, but it doesn’t work. What’s the trick?

www.brucepwalker.com
      https://www.mindmeister.com/65450406

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

The returned parameters is just a “simple value list” in the specified order – it is not really “parameters”, just variables in the scripts.

You need to declare the list of values to be returned at the end of the called macro’s script, like this:

end value1, value2, value3

Then in the caller object, you need to specify the variables to where you want to fill in these values:

call “samplemacro” parameters …..
      returned_parameters variable_receives_value1, variable_receives_value2, variable_receives_value3

I hope it helps, if not, please upload a sample which you can’t solve. (Upload in zip please, as gsm files are forbidden by the hosting service provider of this site.)

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Parameter connections’ is closed to new topics and replies.