Text rotation in labels

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      James Murray
      Participant

I am wondering if it is possible to force text to remain level regardless of the Label Rotation: Orientation setting. (Similar to rotating text in an ordinary object depending on the state of V~ and W~) Does the parameter AC_bLabelAlwaysReadable have something to with it?

James M

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi,

Read about controlling labels here, label ac_ parameters here, label globals here.
      If you need it to remain horizontal independent of plan rotation, use the “View_Rotangle” request.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Bruce Walker
      Participant

Here is some sample code I find works. It also accounts for view rotation. ‘txt_font’, ‘txt_size’ and ‘txt’ are parameters:

DEFINE STYLE 'txt1Style' txt_font, txt_size, 5, 0

!View rotation angle
      rrr = REQUEST ("View_Rotangle", "", angleViewRot)
      totRot = (SYMB_ROTANGLE + angleViewRot)
      IF totRot > 360 THEN totRot = totRot - 360

STYLE txt1Style

TEXT2 0, 0, txt

www.brucepwalker.com
      https://www.mindmeister.com/65450406

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb

James Murray
      Participant

That adjustment doesn’t seem to correct for when the label is at an angle, see image.

James M

Bruce Walker
      Participant

The text is still orienting correctly within the context of the label – it’s the label itself that is rotated. You will need to use the LABEL_ROTANGLE (I think) to always keep the text horizontal. Haven’t looked into it myself, but that’s where I’d start.

www.brucepwalker.com
      https://www.mindmeister.com/65450406

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.