The design and functionality of the new GDL Center

Home Forums About this site Site and forum changes The design and functionality of the new GDL Center

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Feel free to share your thoughts about the renewed site.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Had a quick look around and it all looks pretty straight forward.
      I like it better than the old one.

In the News section there is an old entry saying we can add star rating to learning , tips & tricks articles – can’t see that.
      Also ‘Like’ forum posts – can’t see that either.

Will we still get the little red buttons indicating where the new post in the forum are?
      Not very easy to identify new post otherwise.

I can’t seem to open my profile either.
      Was hoping to see if I can set automatic reply to posts.

Are the ‘Favourite’ & ‘Subscribe’ links at the top of the post supposed to do anything – because they don’t except bring up a message asking if I was sure I want to do that.

Barry

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Barry Kelly
      Participant

I received 4 emails because I am subscribed to this topic but I see no replies here at all.
      An yes I am signed in.

However if I follow the link in each of the e-mails 3 of them take me to the same topic and show that one reply – “test”.
      One of them logs me in automatically – the other 2 didn’t.
      And one of those e-mails show the reply as “test message” but sows the reply “test” like the other two.
      The 4th e-mail link with the message “ysdyvsvsdvsy” takes me to the forum where my reply is the last message and logs me in automatically.

Note: was already logged in as I had opened the forum before following the links in the e-mails.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your posts!

We had some serious issues with the forum engine: something messed up between the forum’s user roles and the site’s user handling. I hope that we solved it yesterday evening and it will work normally from now on. The test messages was made by us during testing, sorry for the mails.

In your first post you mentioned the rating and likes – this was a commercial widget, which we introduced a few weeks after the original site started, but nearly nobody used it for months, and we had regular compatibility issues after it’s updates – so we discontinued paying for it.

The red “new” flags were made by an other plugin – we ‘re still testing if it is compatible with the new theme and plugins, and will try to re-enable it soon. The same applies for the profile editing, we’re working on it…

The favorite and subscribe came from the update forum engine, I’ll investigate it in the near future.

Gergely Fehér
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Thanks Gergely,
      Looks like it is working better now.
      I received an email and can see you new post.

I only mentioned the star rating/like feature because I saw them mentioned in the ‘News” section.
      may be best to remove that info if you haven’t already.

Any chance of an “Edit’ function for old posts?
      I am good at not spelling correctly or occasionally giving incorrect info so I like to be able to fix the original post.
      Not super important if you can’t or if you have a reason not to.
      Just a wish.

Thanks for the update.
      Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

I re-enabled the “new” flags and the profile editing page to be able to edit your signatures.

Gergely Fehér
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

I re-enabled the “new” flags and the profile editing page to be able to edit your signatures.

Excellent.
      Thanks very much.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Site and forum changes’ is closed to new topics and replies.