Wall Points

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Fotis Kapaniris
      Participant

Hello.

I am creating a custom wall label.

I know how to find the wall_position and the end point (with the usage of trigonometry, wall_length & wall_direction) but how can i find the coordinates of the marked points in the attached file?

Attachments:
      Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

To be able to calculate those points in every case and connection angle, you would have to know the thickness and connection angle of the connecting walls which information is not accessible through labels.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Fotis Kapaniris
      Participant

Thank you Dominika.

If I create a wall accessory, instead of creating a label, will I be able to find the coordinates with the help of “wall accessories” add on?

I actually want to create a “fill” label (or object or whatever …) which changes color depending of the wall ID and will be updated when the wall changes dimensions.

Any ideas?

Dominika Bobály
        Keymaster

The WALL_ID global is only filled by ARCHICAD in DW object, and “classic” labels, so building a function in accessory elements connected to that might be problematic.
        The current fix named optional parameters in the accessory elements for walls contain geometric information about the selected wall’s shape and end cut angles (ac_angles, ac_top_poly, ac_bottom poly etc.,), so it’s possible to calculate special points of the wall using trigonometry, most of the cases. You can display this info in 2D, but the ID-relation is still not solved.
        To tell the truth, the Accessories may be unreliable in lots of geometric cases, and haven’t been updated for many versions now.
        If you have not found this wall global list yet, please, check, maybe all needed geometric data is available in normal labeling function as well.

Dominika Bobály
        Product Manager
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.