Blocking the descriptions

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL GDL add-ons Blocking the descriptions

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Vojtěch Janda
      Participant

Hello,
      please, how I block the descriptions of gdl object (for example 3D description, 2D description, properties etc…) as shown in the picture?

Vojta

Barry Kelly
      Participant

You mean how do you unlock the scripts?
      You don’t – or at least you are not meant to.
      The author of the object has deliberately locked them so they can’t be accessed.
      Contact the author of the object to see if they will allow you access and if so they can send you an unlocked version.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Vojtěch Janda
      Participant

I mean how to lock the own object descriptions.

Thank you.

VJ

Vojta

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

There are 2 ways: There was an old tool called “hidescripts.exe” but I don’t know if there are actual versions of it.
      2nd: You can do it with the XML-Converter.

4.3 Hiding script sections: Library Parts provide a way to have the scripts hidden from the end user. This can be done in XML by adding 64 to the SectionFlags attribute of the script to be hidden. This will create a GSM file with the given scripts hidden. Converting a library part with hidden scripts back to XML will create empty script elements, so be sure to keep the original XML files after publishing the library.

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

And you can manually protect your whole object with a password in the GDL editor …

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Sorry, you actually want to hide the scripts.
      As Joachim mentioned, there is an old ‘Hidescripts.exe’ program that will lock the script buttons as shown in your image.
      It is very old (still works) and I think it can be found in the library developers kit (but I am not 100% sure).

It is no longer needed now as the GDL objects have an option to set a password when saving.
      The objects can only then be opened with that password – so don’t lose it or keep a copy of the original object saved without a password.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Vojtěch Janda
      Participant

Ok thank you very much. I thought, that locking the script is news. I use the password locking.

Vojta

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘GDL add-ons’ is closed to new topics and replies.