Editing text in the graphical interface.

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Graphical UI and parameters list Editing text in the graphical interface.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry Kelly
      Participant

When creating a UI_INFIELD for a text parameter is there a way to make it larger (i.e. multi-line with text wrapping) so that the whole text can be seen when editing.
      See the attached image as an example.
      Currently I have a switch that changes from UI_INFIELD when editing to UI_OUTFIELD to display all of the text (UI_OUTFIELD can be multi-line).

Barry.

Attachments:

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

That kind of control does not exist in GDL. Your current solution is the best you can do: making the infield as long as possible, and adding a display outfield.
      The only infield with multiline capabilities is the checkbox-boolean type, but it’s not eligible for text input, only description output.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Thanks Dominika,
      I thought that was going to be the answer but I was hoping there may have been something I wasn’t aware of.
      Maybe it could be added to the wish-list of GDL improvements please?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Ben Cohen
      Participant

Hey Barry

A small work around, until we have multi-line field editing, is to use ui_tooltip to give the user a preview of the field 🙂 HTH

Attachments:
        Barry Kelly
        Participant

That’s a good idea.
        Thanks Ben.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical UI and parameters list’ is closed to new topics and replies.