Errors in manual re window placement and reference line

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Errors in manual re window placement and reference line

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Péter Baksa 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Mark Wesse
    Participant

Hi
    I have come back to GDL after a couple of years and my first project is a custom window. I decided to use the opportunity to refresh my GDL so I went step by step through orientating a window via placement, using the ref line and mirrored/flipped to establish UV etc. What I found was that the copy/paste from the manual.

! 2D script bRotated = round_int (SYMB_ROTANGLE) = 180 if bRotated then rot2 180 endif if SYMB_MIRRORED then mul2 -1, 1 endif if WIDO_REVEAL_SIDE exor bRotated then add2

nullnull

When I did the same using circles etc to draft the orientation I get

null

I searched the forum but did not easily find essential info or bug reports on this.

Cheers

Péter Baksa
    Participant

Hi Mark,

The sample code undoes the mirrorings/flips defined by the user relative to the wall. Rotating a wall 180° is not the same as mirroring a wall on an axis parallel to it. In the “On Screen View Options” toolbar turn on “Wall & Beam Refernce Lines” to see the difference in wall direction.
    Wall reference line
    So the inside/outside of a composite wall is not defined by the order of the layers, it can be changed by the user. There is also a menu command at Edit / Reference Line and Plane / Invert Wall Direction.

Attachments:

Péter Baksa
    Library Platform, Software Engineer
    GRAPHISOFT SE

Péter Baksa
    Participant

WALL_FLIPPED can help in determining which side of the wall is which side of the composite.

Péter Baksa
    Library Platform, Software Engineer
    GRAPHISOFT SE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.