LIBRARYGLOBAL – MESS UP

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL 3D modelling LIBRARYGLOBAL – MESS UP

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nader Belal
      Participant

Hi there,

I was trying to work my head with LIBRARYGLOBAL in an object that I´m creating, and although I have followed the required indications by the GDL manual, it fails miserably to update the object’s parameter that I have destined for that matter.

My question is, what are the factors that can mess up with the correct functioning (updating) of LIBRARYGLOBAL ?

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Hi,

LIBRARYGLOBAL is a function that should be used in 2d and 3d to reach the parameter values of an MVO dialog, and change the object’s behaviour based on that. It should not be used in parameter script, and it does not make any effect on parameter values of placed objects.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Nader Belal
      Participant

@Gergely Fehér

So:
      1. Would there be a problem in putting LIBRARYGLOBAL in the “Master Script“?
      2. How to force the GDL to read the update the LIBRARYGLOBAL changes ? **

PS:
      I have an object (not made by me) that works seamlessly with LIBRARYGLOBAL, so when a specific parameter value is changed in the template, the object changes instantly.
      On the other hand, when I try to recreate the same manner in my object (to which I have linked this parameter to GUI and 3D model) it updates instantly in the GUI, but in the 3D view, it doesn’t update unless I AC object tool.

Nader Belal
      Participant

Thank you Gergely, it worked perfectly as you have advised

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘3D modelling’ is closed to new topics and replies.