MEP Connection won’t connect

Home Forums General discussions MEP Connection won’t connect

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Vítor Dentello
      Participant

I’ve been trying for a couple hours to make a working GDL connection but for some reason, i can’t get it to work.

I does actually stretch, show the pink hotspot but no matter what I do, i cant get it to “connect” to a pipe, like native objects will do (even resize the duct to fit).

What can be happening?

Also, GDL center Help says about using “MEP_m_ConnectionsACL_4”, but objects will call “MEP_m_ConnectionsMEP_4”. None works right for me.

I’ve did extensive checking up to see if there was something wrong, even putting a piece of paper on a screen with both windows opened up to check every parameter individually. (That’s also a critique to GDL editor, we need something better, with just a BIT of color 🙁 )

Original post on AC Talk: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=311076#p310864.

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi Vítor,

If I understand well, you would like to create an object with MEP function.You can find a Tips and Tricks post about creating such object: https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-make-a-mep-equipment-object

These kind of objects do call “MEP_m_ConnectionsACL_4” macro, the objects of the MEP Tools (the objects in the MEP Library) call the “MEP_m_ConnectionsMEP_4” macro.

In case you already knew the post above, please attach your .gsm or .lcf file in .zip format so we can investigate the problem.

Best Regards,

Csilla Mai
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Vítor Dentello
        Participant

There it goes!

I tried to upload it on the original thread but there was an issue.

I still didn’t get the difference between […]MEP_4 and […]ACL_4.

In any case, as a review, it’s a bit difficult to follow up the Tips and Tricks (i’ve read it a couple times).
        Is there any way to create these 18 parameters not 1 by 1?

Thanks in advance!

Péter Baksa
          Keymaster

The parameter list can be edited as XML after converting the binary library parts to HSF format using LP_XMLConverter.

Péter Baksa
          Library Platform, Software Engineer
          GRAPHISOFT SE

Vítor Dentello
        Participant

I’m so anxious/ curious about this that i missed “in a .zip format”. Can’t solve this, no matter how I try.

Csilla Mai
          Keymaster

Hi Vítor,

We are investigating this issue, could not find the cause of the problem yet. I will get back to you as we find out what causes the connection problem.

Best Regards,

Csilla Mai
          GRAPHISOFT SE

Vítor Dentello
      Participant

I get an upload error while trying to attach the GSM.

“Upload Errors:
      Caixa-Sifonada.gsm: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.”

Here’s a dropbox link.
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/584c5pre0smb67g/Caixa%20Sifonada.gsm?dl=0

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi Vítor!

The problem with your object is its subtype: “Flow Device” is selected for it instead of “Flow Equipment”, so the MEP Add-On does not recognize it. If I change the subtype for “Flow Equipment”, save the object and place it again, the Pipe connection works fine.

There is no big difference between the […]MEP_4 and […]ACL_4 macros. The […]ACL_4 macro is more up-to-date, and it is shipped within ARCHICAD Library. The […]MEP_4 macro is used by the objects in the MEP Library, it is shipped within the MEP Library. As the ARCHICAD Library and MEP Library can be loaded separately, this macro appears in both libraries.

Best Regards,

Csilla Mai
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.