Open object with current parameters

Home Forums General discussions Open object with current parameters

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Joachim Sühlo 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

James Murray
    Participant

Not a GDL issue per se, more an Archicad wish. I’d like to be able to open an object with the current parameters of a placed instance rather than with the defaults. When there is an error in a complex object, it can be tedious to replicate the exact conditions of the error.

Dominika Bobály
    Keymaster

Just a tip (you may already know anyway): try to use the option “Dump Library Parts of Selected Elem” of the “Library Developer Menu” to list the stored and active parameter values into the Report window – but these do not apply themselves onto the opened libpart in GDL editor, so maybe not so much of a help, but at least the parameter values of the instance can be checked more easily. By comparing the active parameter set of 2 different instances, sometimes the source of the problem becomes clear pretty fast.

Dominika Bobály
    Library Developer, Library Team
    GRAPHISOFT SE

Joachim Sühlo
    Participant

I just had to do the same thing for Parameter transfer from objects set by the client:
    For this I wrote an export routine via GDL TEXT addon. The placed objects then can
    export their parameters, which I replace in the XML-Version of the object.

Example:
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ‘<String Name=”best_names”>’
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ”, ‘<Description><![CDATA[“Bestückungs-Namen”]] ></Description>’
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ”, ‘<Flags>’
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ”, ”, ‘<ParFlg_Child/>’
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ”, ‘</Flags>’
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ”, ‘<ArrayValues FirstDimension=”14″ SecondDimension=”1″>’

FOR i = 1 TO VARDIM1(best_names)
    ergebnis = best_names
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ”, ”, ‘ <AVal Column=”1″ Row=”‘ + STR(i, 1, 0) + ‘”>’ + ergebnis + ‘</AVal>’
    NEXT i

OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ”, ‘</ArrayValues>’
    OUTPUT ch1, 1, 0, ‘</String>’

GDL Object Developer
    b-prisma
    MAC OSx 10.11

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.