Problems with convchecklibrary and HSF

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Library build system Problems with convchecklibrary and HSF

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Miha Nahtigal
      Participant

I’ve created a very basic gdl /empty/ object in AC 22, saved as test.gsm than converted the object to hsf into Library_src folder.
      Library_base folder contains “Model Element.gsm” and “General GDL Object.gsm” from ACLib devkit.

When I try executing LP_XMLConverter convchecklibrary -reportlevel 1 -format hsf Library_src Library Library_base

i get a warning and an error:
      \Library_src\Test(0) : warning: Modified/added library part with main GUID B411A1E6-5EC9-47AF-B2FF-9BF4BFA1B7A8
      \Library_src\Test(0) : error: Inconsistent library part or Ancestry or Macros.

Why am I getting the error messages?

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi,

Errors of convchecklibrary can be fixed using makelibrary (fix gsm only) or finalizelibrary (fix gsm and source too).
      Convchecklibrary can be used to detect changes in an additional library (Library_base in your case).
      This error says that possibly “Model Element” in AC22 is different than in Library_base. How did you get “Model Element.gsm”? We don’t ship them in the LibDev Toolkit. Is ACLib devkit something else?
      Another possible cause of the error message: do you have an IDEntrylist.dbe in Library_src?

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Miha Nahtigal
      Participant

I’ve tried with makelibrary but there are no changes.

“Model Element.gsm” and “General GDL Object.gsm” are from “\LibDev Toolkit 22 (3013)\Sources\ACPM\ArchiCAD\RINT\ACLib” – i’ve created them with “LP_XMLConverter xml2libpart”

I do have an IDEntrylist.dbe in Library_src.

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

IDEntrylist.dbe is created with finalizelibrary even if that ends with an error, so its contents aren’t always good. convchecklibrary checks the file assuming it is from a successful compilation.
      Simply delete it and use makelibrary.

Péter Baksa
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Miha Nahtigal
      Participant

I’ve deleted the IDEntrylist.dbe and regenerated the library with makelibrary and finalizelibrary with following cmd:

LP_XMLConverter finalizelibrary -format HSF Library_src Library Library_base

The IDEntrylist.dbe regenerates but after that, when running convchecklibrary, the error “Inconsistent library part or Ancestry or Macros.” still pops up… This happens with errorlevel 1 or 2 but not with errorLevel 0.

The convchecklibrary command is executed like this:
      LP_XMLConverter convchecklibrary -reportlevel 1 -format HSF Library_src Library Library_base

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

This is a bug in AC22 LP_XMLConverter finalizelibrary command. The source and gsm files will be correct, but the IDEntrylist.dbe will give an error with convchecklibrary.

Péter Baksa
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Library build system’ is closed to new topics and replies.