Proper project2{4} cut

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucas Becker
      Participant

Hi!
      How do you manage to get a proper cut through your element with project2{4}?
      See the attached pic: The one above (method set to 3+256+4096) is how far I can get it, below is what I want.

Modifier 32 for the method is not set, but I still just get a white fill.
      The reference manual says:

32 addition modifier: use current attributes instead of attributes from 3D

Which makes me assume, if we don’t set it, project2{4} would honor our building_material and sect_attr{2} set in 3d, but that is not the case.

Why? What? This command gives me way to much head scratching.
      Cheers

Attachments:

Author of GDL-Sublime

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

I would also be very interested in the answer

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

This is a bug that we know about, the cut surfaces are treated as an outer surface and projected with cover fills. I can’t say anything about the schedule when will it be corrected, please contact support for information.
      There is a rather complicated workaround:
      – each piece of the model that has the same building material can be projected using parameters to model only that part, fills overridden with the attributes from a “Building_Material_info” request.
      – the visible and overhead parts have to be projected in a separate call, they show correctly only with a full model.
      For an example see “CWFrameRegDouble” macro.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Lucas Becker
      Participant

Thank you so much for your answer, Péter!
      Somehow a “relief” to know it’s a bug.
      But good grief! I think I’d rather wait for the bugfix then 😀 (I’m using the complex profiles, so I don’t know what’s actually displayed with the object, which makes the workaround undoable).
      Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to fix. Will it be retrofitted into AC 24 (which still got this issue) and 23?

Author of GDL-Sublime

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

With complex profiles each component can be projected separately in a loop.
      I don’t know about the schedule or the target of the fix.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.