Skylight Roof Hole Circular

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Skylight Roof Hole Circular

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristian Bursell
      Participant

Can i change the shape of a hole cut in a roof by a skylight object?

Currently i only seem to be able to control the size of the wall hole using the a & b values. However, I have created a circular skylight hence require a circular hole.

I tried the WALLHOLE and WALLNICHE functions but they don’t seem to have any affect.

thank you

CADSWIFT
      Australia

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

A circular hole works for me with (in AC 23):
      wallniche 2, 1, 2+16,
      0,0,1, 1,
      0, B/2, 979 + 16,
      A/2,360,4079 + 16

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Kristian Bursell
      Participant

thanks Joachim,

I am creating the content for a manufacturer in AC 21. So there may be some differences.
      However, i found the answer the typical way: by looking at a Graphisoft circular skylight (it was 1 am when i posted this and i was lazy and dopey).

There is a standard boolean parameter that allows you to do a custom hole in the roof: AC_Custom_3D_Hole
      Once I added this parameter and set the rules for when it is on or off then my wallhole & wallniche scripts worked.

it is actually nice to be able to use the auto roof cut function with the top edge angles and so on. But it is also nice to be able to override it. Great work again from Graphisoft, they really do think of everything.

I will now have to test the objects in AC 22 and AC 23 to make sure this method still works.

CADSWIFT
      Australia

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.