Accessing all door parameters

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Accessing all door parameters

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Frank Randel
      Participant

I’m jumping from v18 to 23 so please be patient. I’d like to add some custom parameters to the standard commercial door that can be edited and later show up in the door schedule. In 18 you could display an entire list of all the parameters under ‘Parameters for listing’ including ones that were added. That’s disappeared in V23. How do I get that back?

Barry Kelly
      Participant

There is probably a HIDEPARAMETERS ALL command in the script.
      Comment that out and the parameter list should be visible to the user.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Frank Randel
      Participant

Unfortunately there isn’t a HIDEPARAMETER command. All the scripts in the door are blank except the Master script and there is no HIDEPARAMETER command in there. I was able to create a work around that I’ll experiment with more. I created a new title down at the bottom of the parameters list and placed in a few test variables below it. Then back in the master script I used the HIDEPARAMETER ALL command with my new title in quotes after the ALL and my new variables show up and can be edited.

So while your suggestion didn’t work, it did help me start down the path to get where I need to go…. I think.

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Then back in the master script I used the HIDEPARAMETER ALL command with my new title in quotes after the ALL and my new variables show up and can be edited.

Yes if you add parameter names after the ALL then they will show.

HIDEPARAMETER ALL – will hide ALL parameters

HIDEPARAMETER ALL [“name1” [, “name2”, …, “namen”]] – will hide ALL parameters except name1, name2, etc.

When you say all the scripts are blank except the master script, are they all empty or are the script buttons locked.
      They may all be empty as the master script is CALLing another macro that has al the scripts.
      The GS objects do a lot of CALLing other macros so it can sometimes be a bit tricky to follow exactly what is going on.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.