Change marker change :)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Odd Goderstad
      Participant

I need to make a new change marker (really a modification of the Basic Change marker) I am working with Change Orders, and need to be able to show ChangeID and CO number in the marker, and in the Revision history object.
      So I add a line in the Change Details Scheme (CO-nr), and I can use that as an autotext in the Revision History Detailed object. Fine! (and in indexes)
      But I can not use it as an autotext in the Basic Change Marker. I have tried to make a copy of the Basic Change Marker, and modify that. And it seems possible if I do a change in the masterscript:

_sAutotextMenu[6][AUTOTEXT_DESC] = CO Number
      _sAutotextMenu[6][AUTOTEXT_KEY] = “<CONR>”

But it does not work.

I would be very happy if someone can help……

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

The custom data added to Change Scheme is not available through autotexts (there is no automatic autotext equivalent for all change scheme data, only name and ID), that’s why you can not make it work, unfortunately.

The reason Revision History objects can use custom change data is the following:
      every new entry you create in Change Scheme is added to the global variable GLOB_CHANGE_SCHEME as a new header info, and the Revision History objects use that global for display selection settings (so no autotext are used there).
      This global is available in every context, but the “pair” global containing the actual values assigned to each change are stored in LAYOUT_CHANGE_HISTORY, and that is only filled in layout context (since it only makes sense in layout). Revision History objects can display every change related to the current layout.

Technically all the same data is available for a change marker (or any object) as well, but since currently there is no “automatic” way to narrow the data to the marker’s assigned change only, displaying just the filtered info (Change Order of the connected change in your example) is not possible.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Odd Goderstad
      Participant

Thank you for your answer! We will find another way to work around it 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.