Custom Stair Label

Home Forums General discussions Custom Stair Label

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Robin Stefanov
      Participant

Hello,

i am programing a new stair label using the STAIR2D_FULL_WALKLINE_GEOM global variable. Everything works just fine and the texts got in place except in the cases shown on the attached image. Normally the global variable contains an array with the walking line geometry, but in theses cases it does not. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening (or not happening)?

I hope I described the problem

Thanks in advance!
      Robin

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi!

Are you creating a label for the label tool?
      What is the error written to session report, and what is your code around that line?

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Robin Stefanov
      Participant

Hey,

it is a 2D stair component. I am not quiet sure how this stair label/component is called in english as i am using the german version. I uploaded it if you want to dig into the problem. Hope you are going to find a solution or at least the problem.

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18ebKacxvC_eX6RV3tFhZw3VN9FXZvU-N

Robin Stefanov
      Participant

After taking a closer look on the Graphisoft’s default stair description object, i reconsidered and i am going to use the STAIR2D_DESCRIPTION_POSITION now.
      This one has fewer modification options but its working fine 🙂

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, your problem was that you divided by 0. The globals contained the information, just the script didn’t write them because of the error.

It looks like you are unfamiliar with debugging GDL scripts, so some info that might help in case you don’t already know:
      When an error happens in the master or 2D script, a huge dot is displayed on the floor plan.
      An error message is written to the Session Report window (File / Info / Session report), if a few things are set up right:
      – Options / Work Environment / Menus: List all menus in alphabetical order, find the Library Developer menu, press Add Selected to add to menubar.
      – Options / Work Environment / Model Rebuild Options: turn on Write Report (slider position is not important)
      – Library Developer / Always Send GDL messages
      You can force a full re-run of the 2D and 3D GDL scripts by selecting View / Refresh / hold ALT key – Rebuild & regenerate
      I hope you will find these in the german version.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Robin Stefanov
      Participant

Thank you for looking into the problem! I am developing GDL-Objects just for fun and to enhance performance in our office. Definitely gonna check out your tips tomorrow! Thank you again!

David Maudlin
      Participant

Péter:

Thanks for posting about the Library Developer commands, I was not aware they were there (I remember there was a hack for getting a Special Menu many versions ago). For those using an older imported Work Environment, the commands can be found in the WE under All Commands by Theme > 59 Library Developer (the Menus: List all menus in alphabetical order, find the Library Developer menu did not appear in my non-standard WE).

David

David Maudlin / Architect
      Washington, D.C.
      AC 22 - Mac OS

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.