Defining materials in a macro

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Object design Defining materials in a macro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Päivi Salminen
      Participant

Hi everyone,

is it possible to gather general material definitions to a macro object and call them to object files by using PUT and GET commands? I’ve tried this method but have gotten many error messages such as “incompatible table parameter dimension” and “error in parameter buffer command”.
      Does anyone know what these messages mean? It would also be great to hear what is in your opinion is the best way to deal with repeating material definitions.

Thanks in advance for any advice concerning this matter!

Barry Kelly
      Participant

If you define a material in a ‘Master_GDL’ file then they will automatically be available in the material list for all objects and elements.
      No need to call them at all.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Päivi Salminen
        Participant

Thank you for your good answer!
        Would using the master_gdl file work if the materials should be tied to the library’s objects only, being manufacturer specific? I was also wondering how to bring these master_gdl-defined material choices from the material list to a place where the user can more easily perceive them and see that the choice is limited to them. By means of a material parameter which only lists the preferred ones as values?

Heikki Malkki
      Participant

It looks like you can define exactly one material in a macro, so you could do

cyanmacro:
      define material "cyan" 2, 0, 1, 1

yellowmacro:
      define material "yellow" 2, 1, 1, 0

object:

call "cyanmacro"
      call "yellowmacro"
      material ind(material, "cyan")
      block 1,1,1
      material ind(material, "yellow")
      addy 1
      block 1,1,1

It would be very useful to be able to create a bunch of inline materials in a macro. I’ve used the MASTER_GDL approach, but it pollutes the material list.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Object design’ is closed to new topics and replies.