How to get coordinates of the section/elevation story line?

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Parameter connections How to get coordinates of the section/elevation story line?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Maciek Bajor
      Participant

Hi,

I want to script new Story Marker with additional line parallel to the default story level line. But I have no clue where can I get length or coordinates of the start and end of section/elevation story line.

I have created new object of subtype Story Marker and don’t see any parameters I could use there. I thought of using command LIBRARYGLOBAL (from page 291 in 05 GDL Reference Guide) to access parameters from other macro that contains this information.

Probably this information could be storied in Section-Elevation Marker Macro but I have no clue how to access it. I saw some people suggested in related topics that such build-in macros could be found in

Graphisoft/Archicad/Support/ARCHICADResources.framework/rfs/

but I don’t see rsf folder on my Mac. I turned on option to see hidden files.

So do you know how can I get to know what parameters are in Section-Elevation Marker Macro or how to find this macro?

Or maybe there is other way around it?

Thank you,

Maciek

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

You can simply open the section or elevation marker from a floorplan to GDL editor, then search for the name of the macro, and open it. You don’t need to search for it in the program folder, you won’t find it.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Maciek Bajor
        Participant

How can I open this macro? Barry’s suggestion below doesn’t work, is there any alternative?

Maciek Bajor
          Participant

Sorry, it does work. I didn’t know how to open macro.

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

By the way, with the libraryglobal function you can only reach the MVO settings.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Maciek Bajor
      Participant

Thank you for your answer.

I did open Section or Elevation in the floor plan but I don’t know how to open macro this Section or Elevation calls so I can read it’s parameters. Please see screenshot below.

Also I am not sure if I’ll find what I am looking for there. The parameters from Build-in Section Marker are not the one I am looking for.

The parameters I am looking for are
      – length of the section in the floor plan
      or
      – coordinates of the start and end of section
      or even
      – information if it’s mirrored (like ~V in previous globals)

Or course all would be perfect. Is there a way to read any of these parameters? Where should I look for it?

Barry Kelly
        Participant

Select just the macro name inside the quotes and the OPEN the library part (CTRL+SHIFT+O on Windows machine).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
        Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
        Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Maciek Bajor
          Participant

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunetly nothing happenes when I select Section-Elevation Marker Macro or “Section-Elevation Marker Macro” and go CMD + SHIFT + O. This command normally openes object’s gdl editor when I do it on plan etc so I belive it’s the same function. I am on OSX.

Barry Kelly
          Participant

That should be the correct shortcut (works for me).
          Make sure you are only selecting the name inside the quotes and not the quotes as well.
          If the shortcut doesn’t work you can use the ‘Edit GDL Library Parts’ toolbar.

Barry.

Attachments:

Versions 6.5 to 22
          Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
          Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Maciek Bajor
          Participant

Wow that works! Thank you Barry!

I pulled out toolbar you suggested. Thanks, a lot. Have a nice day 😉

Maciek Bajor
      Participant

There is also one more thing I wonder about. Is there a way to add hotspot/hotline that works in the Story Level Marker script? It seams like Build-in have one. Hotspot2, or hotline2 command obviously doesn’t work.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Parameter connections’ is closed to new topics and replies.