IFC Library part mapping and property use

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment IFC Library part mapping and property use

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kristian Bursell
      Participant

I am pleased with the “Library Part Independent” function for mapping as this makes the whole process viable. However, I was under the impression that we could actually reference IFC properties in the GDL script.
      From what I have found it seems there are only a limited number of IFC values that can be referenced in the GDL script; as per the list in the GDL Reference Guide.
      Is this the limitation of IFC properties usable in the GDL script?
      Is it possible to reference other properties and control library part parameter values via the IFC properties?

CADSWIFT
      Australia

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

There is a set of application queries to get IFC properties and their values from library parts, search for Tags and categories on this page: https://gdl.graphisoft.com/reference-guide/application-query-options/
      You can check the usage of this queries in “Tags and categories label” in ARCHICAD19. I hope it helps.
      By the way I think IFC properties should not control objects parameters, as if the user changes anything in the IFC values, parameter script of the objects will not run – so it can cause an inconsistent result.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.