Slant of CW in 3D GDL

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Frank Studzinski
      Participant

How can I get the slant of a Curtain Wall in a 3D Script.
      I need this for a special profile.

Regards

Attachments:

Graphisoft Berlin GmbH

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi Frank,
      You can use the CWPANEL_HORIZONTAL_DIRECTION and the CWPANEL_VERTICAL_DIRECTION global variables for Curtain Wall Panel subelements, listing and labels. For Curtain Wall Frames the the slant angle is not available, the coordinate system of the frame can be in any position in 3D relatively to the plan file’s coordinate system. I suggest using an editable parameter (or more of them) defined by the User, to provide the needed geometric freedom to the special function.

Csilla Mai
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Frank Studzinski
      Participant

Hi Csilla,

thank you, but isn’t it a missing value. When i us an editabe parameter, where the use has to enter the slant of the cw,
      it’s not really “Freedom of Design”. Is there any reason why panels have this value and profiles not?

Reagards

Frank

Attachments:

Graphisoft Berlin GmbH

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi Frank,

The recommended workflow for the picture attached is to create the frame geometry from 3 different frames with no curtain wall panels between the horizontal ones. It is not recommended to refer to project coordinates from curtain wall frame subelements.

The reason why the curtain wall panels have access to these global variable values is that the 2D Symbol of the curtain wall panels can be drawn by the GDL script (the frame 2D symbol is always drawn by ARCHICAD). For proper panel thickness representation at the cutting plane at a slanted Curtain Wall the slant angle is needed for symbolic 2D at the panels.

Best Regards,

Csilla Mai
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Frank Studzinski
      Participant

Hi Csilla,

how can i model this with 3 frames? Do you have am example?

Is there a technical reason whe ist not recommended to refer to project coordinates from curtain wall frame subelements?

The 2D Script is another problem. I would be fine when the frames als have an 2D Script,
      so that they could be more detailed in 2D than in 3D.

Regards

Frank

Graphisoft Berlin GmbH

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi,

The frames can be modeled as 3 different Curtain Walls using the Boundary First modelling at the horizontal Curtain walls and cutting the frame ends with the Cutting Planes parameters available at non-built-in library parts. Unfortunately we do not have a solution to create automatically the desired frame geometry at the attached picture, it would need further development in ARCHICAD.

The reason that the project coordinate dependence is not supported is simply based on User cases, technically the coordinate system position of the project could be provided by ARCHIICAD with further development.

Different 2D and 3D representations of a frame can be reached using the GLOB_VIEW_TYPE global variable: if it’s value is 2, a different model can be created which will be projected by ARCHICAD for 2D representation in case of the Curtain Wall’s Frame representation is set to Projected.

Best Regards,

Csilla Mai
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Frank Studzinski
      Participant

Hi Csilla,

the Project have 3 Buildings with 10-20 Storys. Maybe 3 Curtain Walls to create one is to complex.
      Maybe i will solve it with modules or objects.

The GLOB_VIEW_TYPE is a nice trick.

Regards

Frank

Graphisoft Berlin GmbH

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.