Stop label mirroring on Hotlinked Module

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Documentation elements, text handling Stop label mirroring on Hotlinked Module

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristian Bursell
      Participant

When my label is placed on the wall of a room and that room is imported as a hotlink and then mirrored, the label is mirrored also. Obviously you have resolved this issue for your labels so can you please tell me how.
      I also had the problem with hotlinked being rotated on an angle but i fixed that by using the methods in your labels. However i can find where you resolved the mirroring issue.

Thanks,
      Kristian

CADSWIFT
      Australia

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi Kristian,

Please add some more information about this mirroring problem.
      The problem only appears in hotlinked modules? If you mirror a room with the labeled wall within a .pln file, do you get the expected result?
      Could you send a picture of the Label, which behavior would you like to follow in case of mirrored hotlink? And could you please send a picture of your label’s current behavior?

Csilla Mai
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Kristian Bursell
      Participant

Hi Csilla,

It seems i’m not getting email notifications of replies from this site.
      Anyway, i was a bit lazy on this as it was a request from a client i didn’t want to spend too much time testing. I checked and it doesn’t matter if it is hotlinked or not. if i mirror a room it has the same affect. So obviously this puts the blame on the “Flip wall on reference line” function. So all i need to do is find out what side of the reference line to wall is on. I will search the GDL guide for value to reference but if you know the script in need could you please let me know.

Thanks

CADSWIFT
      Australia

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Hi Kristian,

You can use RSS to check the forum answers, use this url: https://gdl.graphisoft.com/forums/feed.

As I know, there is no solution in GDL to check the wall’s refline’s side in the current version – so the “flip” option is a known workaround, which is far from perfect in some situations…

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Andreas Åkerlund
      Participant

Hi
      Gergely, do you know why or more importantly, when we can hope to be able to script wich side the reference line is on?

/Andreas

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Andreas,

Why? – It is simply not developed yet… We have a lot of requests each year, and until v21 we always had more important developments on the list.
      When? – I’m not able to give you details about the upcoming versions on this forum, sorry. We know, that there is a wish for that, it is on the long list of wishes, but I can not promise anything.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Bruce Walker
      Participant

Given you’re just concerned with the label, can you use the SYMB_MIRRORED test?

www.brucepwalker.com
      https://www.mindmeister.com/65450406

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.