Uploading to BIM Components

Home Forums General discussions Uploading to BIM Components

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      shaun coomber
      Participant

Hi

I’ve recently decided to upload some GDL content to bimcomponents.com, and have a couple of questions regarding the checking process.

Firstly, regarding global parameters and requests. I know that these are now restricted and should not be returned to the parameters list.

However, I have used a couple of requests in the master script (‘FULL_ID_OF_PARENT’ and ‘ID_OF_MAIN’) so that these can be used throughout the object without storing these as parameters. This flags up as an error in the checking process, because the requests are done in the master script and therefore follows through into the parameter script.

To (hopefully) avoid the problem I have used GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE <> 5 in the master script.

Could you please clarify this?

I also get two “Uninitialized variable” reports. These do not flag up as an error in the object when I check script, and the report does not say which variables are at fault. Will this stop the file from uploading? Is the only way to find these to convert back to XML and refer to the line number?

On a side note, when uploading to bim components, the URL to the FAQ is broken (https://archicadwiki.com/BIMcomponents/FAQ).

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Shaun,
      Quick answers:
      1. GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE is ok in the master script.
      2. Line numbers: check script should show all errors and warnings. If you send me a file, I can check it, if there is a bug…
      3. FAQ: I clicked on your link, and it is working normally. Maybe it could be a temporary server problem…

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Ben Cohen
      Participant

1. GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE is ok in the master script.

This is very interesting. So if we use “if GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE <> 5 then” in the master script to prevent the code from running in the parameter script, we will not receive an error?

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

Ben, it is the purpose of GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE: it enables you to write script parts to the master, which will be used in only selected scripts.

Gergely Fehér
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Heimo Mooslechner
      Participant

There are several of my last uploaded GDLs on bimcomponents, which got no downladbutton on the site! I have written to the bimcomponents-Support month ago but there is no respond and no new downloadbutton on the elements-sites.

One of several examples there:

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/21360

Teacher in HTL-Salzburg
      AC5-19, Win and Mac
      GDL hobby developer

Barry Kelly
      Participant

There is no “Download” button as such but there is the ‘drag & drop’ arrow that works.
      Thing is the object is imported with no name – i.e. it is called “.gsm”.
      So it doesn’t show up as a window object.
      It can be opened and renamed though and then can be used as a window object.

Barry.

Attachments:

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Heimo Mooslechner
      Participant

In the meantime someone made it! Thank You!

Teacher in HTL-Salzburg
      AC5-19, Win and Mac
      GDL hobby developer

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Now we corrected the empty name error too, so you can drag these solo objects to ARCHICAD, and do not need to rename them. Thanks for your patience, and thanks for the reports.

Gergely Fehér
      GRAPHISOFT SE

nicola gardoni
      Participant

Hallo
      3 weeks ago I’ve uploaded on Bimcomponents some new GDL lighting fixtures , how much does it take to be available to download?

Best Regards
      Nicola

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

Nicola,

We checked your uploads, and seems that all your objects failed the automatic tests – normally you should receive a mail about that. We checked the mail logs too, and we saw that there were problems with mail sending in a few days period – but that seems to be fixed for now. Please try to upload your libs again, and if you have any problems again send us a mail with the problematic objects.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gergely Fehér
        GRAPHISOFT SE

nicola gardoni
      Participant

Dear Gergely
      many thanks for your infos, I’ve just upload again the models.
      I will wail the email.

nicola gardoni
      Participant

Dear Gergely
      many thanks for your email.
      Please check your servers because I didn’t received the email report about the failed uploads.
      Can you tell me what is the issues about on our models?

Thanks
      Nicola

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.